Aside from the technical improvements, the upgraded filters resemble the engines of an aircraft – resulting in a dynamic overall aesthetic once installed into the carbon housings. From the reverse – looking into the carbon housing – the laser etched outer cap is clearly visible surrounded by the filter mesh. An awe-inspiring sight.
Please see below if your intake requires two filters.
- C7 RS6 / RS7 - REQUIRES 2
- C7 S6 / S7 - REQUIRES 2
- B8 RS5 / RS4 - REQUIRES 2
- F8X M3 / M4 - REQUIRES 2
- F87 M2 COMPETITION - REQUIRES 2
- N20 120i / 220i / 320i / 328i
Filtration and Construction
Unlike many other intake companies who use a generic filter, we have carried out extensive R&D and invested significant funds into our own unique filter design, so that it is optimised in our Patent Pending reverse mounted configuration. The filtration medium is constructed from non-woven mesh and is ISO 5011 tested which conforms to the same filtration standard as OEM filters. The mesh is double layered and is dry which means that it will not damage MAF sensors with oil. Our filters feature 2 flow directing cones which have been carefully modelled to direct airflow as follows:
- Internal Cone – designed to help direct incoming airflow through the filter and to create an even velocity profile across the length of the filtration material. This cone effectively helps airflow disperse across the filter without turbulence.
- External Cone – CNC machined, with a very unique profile, which was extensively optimised to help pull the airflow down to the center and transition smoothly into the downstream tubing. This cone creates a controlled region of turbulence around the tip which increases the convergence speed of the air, so that the connecting tubing has a higher velocity profile of airflow leading to the engine.
ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME FOR EUROPE
2-6 Days: Leyo Motorsport paddle shifters, T-Carbon, Chemical Guys
1-2 Weeks: Eventuri, Sterckenn, Oettinger, Paddleshifterz
2-3 Weeks: Leyo Motorsport